We have received a few reports of loose focus lens holders slowly causing focus loss in the MiniMAC Profile. The looseness is likely due to insufficient application of the lubricating paste, Molykote D, which stiffens slightly with time and prevents the lens holder from turning on its own.
To solve this problem in existing products, an aluminum locking ring for the focus lens assembly is now available under P/N 17200700, “Locking ring for MiniMAC focus lens”.
- Remove the focus lens assembly.
- Place the ring on the assembly and screw it all the way to the front.
- Reinsert the assembly in the head.
- Turn on the fixture and set the focus.
- Screw the locking ring back hand-tight against the head.