SmartMac Profile – Power connector installed incorrectly
It has come to our attention that the power connector that is located in the base of the fixture has been installed incorrectly on SmartMacs produced since January 2010. Basically the connector in the base has been turned 180° which means that the 90° angled connector on the power cord goes towards the yoke instead of going toward the bottom of the base where there is room for the cables.
There is no safety or functional issues and it is not required to rework the products.
For those of you who wish to correct the issue and turn the connector around here is a short description. (you need a Torx 10 screwdriver!)
1. Remove the cover to the power side of the base
2. Remove the power cord
3. Remove the 2 screws that holds the power connector in place (marked with red circles)
4. Pull out the connector and turn it 180° while being careful with the wires attached to the connector
5. Push the connector back in place and install and tighten the 2 screws again
6. Replace the power connector and the cover
If you have question please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com